Monday, October 25, 2010

Blogging, how original

To be honest, I never really did the whole blog thing, though I occasionally like to share my random thoughts. I don't have many radical (or that interesting opinion) which I'd need to share, nor do I believe that they would interest anyone.
I now realise that this isn't probably the best way to start a blog :D
My great passion is art, especially watercolor painting. I love to paint, and when I don't paint (or draw) I usually think about different kinds of papers, types of colours and ideas for new pictures. So I guess this is going to be my thinking about such things, put into a blog form. Odd as it may seems, I always sort my thoughts nicely when I write them down :)
Please excuse my English though, as it's not my native tongue. 
Anyway, I intend to post WIPs here and comment on my working process, which is something that my journal on deviantart doesn't really allow...

So, what I'm working on now?












This is a sketch of an impala from Kruger national park, and it's actually a commission based on the commissioners photo (follow this link: impala).
Usually I keep my sketches much more linear, but since the impala's expression is defined by the contrastive black areas, I helped my imagination by filling those areas (with messy graphite pencils, that is why the picture is so smudged :D).












Here the actual background is done, with my favourite wet in wet technique (although I like to use it mainly for backgrounds). I don't like working with granulating watercolors (which in this case is almost every color I used), because I work with lots of layers and these colours then to lift up way too easily.
I am further with my work in this point, but I didn't scan it yet (it's quite a large picture, 60 x 40 cm, and my scanner only has 20 x 30 cm, so scanning is kind of tedious process :D).
But hey, I have to save something for later, right?
Well, that's about everything... My first blog entry, wow. Perhaps someone will find it useful/interesting.
Have a nice evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment